Thursday, July 31, 2008

Can’t Blame ‘Em for Trying

I’m over him, I am. I made it perfectly clear that there will be no more us. I haven’t called him in almost a year. So please tell me why I come home one morning to hear that nigra’s voice on my answering machine.

So we’ve all been there right? That guy who broke our heart and we thought that it was just the worse thing ever. Then, years go by and you look back and thank God for getting you out of that relationship. Well my guy decided to give me a call not only at home but the nigra calls me at work too. I KNOWWWWW!!!!!!! Here’s how it went down.

“This is Blake”
“What’s up Blake?
“Hello!!”
“What’s up?”
“Oh…hey, what’s up?”
“How you been?”
“I’m well. How are you?” (See I said well and not good…let him know he missed out on an educated girl-with benefits might I add!)
“Pretty good” (see, he said good…ignorant ass!) “I called you at your house and left a message. Did you get it?”
“No.”
“Well I just said I was thinking about you. I’m always thinking about you.”
(Ok, I can’t lie…I cheesed a little) “Aww, that’s nice. So how are the kids?”
“They’re good”
“Let’s see, when we were together you had two…right?”
“Hahahahaha…yeah.”
“Any since?”
“Nope. How’s your kids?”
“They're great. Still the same two I had before we met.”
“Hahahahaha…you real smart.”
“So…how’s Pamela? I haven’t received any threatening calls from her in a while so I’m guessing things are good.”
“We not together anymore.”
“You broke up???!!! Again???”
“Yup.”
(At this point he’s not getting the picture and it’s lunch time so…) “Well it was good talking to you but I have to meet my boyfriend for lunch in about five minutes. Take care ok!”
“Boyfriend?”
“hahahaha…yeah…talk to you later.”
“Yeah alright.”

Ok…so we all know I don’t have a boyfriend…so what!!! That’s none of his damn business.

My question is do men realize how disrespectful they are when they try this? We all know what he wanted and it wasn’t to tell me that he was thinking about me. Parts of me-yes. Me in general-no. So why do men try? Can we blame them for trying? Should I be mad that he even thought for one second that he could run game on moi. Should I feel disrespected like I’m that dumb. Didn’t he here me say I’m well! He should have stopped there. What do you think?

1 comment:

getitshawty said...

Hahaha. Funny sounds very familiar to me and i think I know who that call was from but i won't tell. You know men. They would feel less like a man if they didn't try. Good for him though smacked him right in his face. He deserves it.