Saturday, September 13, 2008

It Is What It Is

Wow, I’m flattered, I really am. And I really do like you and enjoy the time we spend.

But a relationship? I don’t know.

Like I said, I do enjoy spending time with you and I like what we have. I just can’t see us holding hands while we walk down that relationship path. Yeah our conversations are good. Hahaha, yeah that’s good too, but that does not make the man or make me want to invest that type of time in you. I’m not being mean, I’m just being honest, like I would expect from you.

Why? Do you really want to know? I can’t see how that will help the situation, but at any rate here goes. But before I start know that I accept that this is you. Disappointment lies with false expectations, not realistic views. These are only things that made me think and things that I’ve found strange. I’m not judging you or your character, or asking you to change.

Only you can make those decisions.

Sometimes when I ask you questions your answers are somewhat vague. It’s like you’ve mastered the art of generalizing to keep your story straight. And remember when you went away that weekend and lost your cell phone on the way. I found it strange that it would still ring even though it wasn’t charged for days.

Oh and speaking of phones.

Remember that call you took in the other room from your boy in jail. I always wondered how prison life was like for a guy with a name like “Sharelle.” Yeah, you invited me to your family cookout and I had a good time, but when we met you said you had 4 sisters, and at the cookout you had nine.

And there were other things.

I never tripped or argued because I didn’t feel the need. You were doing your thing and I was doing me. I did however make not of your anecdote discrepancies, and of other things that would prevent you from being in a serious relationship with me. And I know I’m not perfect and I have some sh*t with me.

But hey, it is what it is.

2 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

Uh oh...

Sounds like you handled this situation very well.

Hey Girlfriend! said...

This wasn't a real situation. I had something similar happened and I kind of went from there. Just something on my mind.